Selling your property takes time, effort and a little help from the experts. Showcasing your property in the best light will make a big difference to its value.
1. Street Appeal First impressions count! Mow the lawn, tidy and water the garden, plant some blooms, clean gutters, remove cobwebs, sweep the path.
2. Minimise Clutter Create light and space. Open the curtains. Remove clutter – excess furniture and belongings, family photos and half the contents of storage spaces.
3. Clean the House Make it sparkle for buyer inspections, especially the kitchen, bathroom and windows. Remove all trace of pets. Stop bad odours with fresh air or fragrances.
4. Interior Update Wobbly door handles, torn fly screens and squeaky doors can be easily fixed. Consider updating flooring or painting in neutral colours but remember that painting one dull room can draw attention to other unpainted rooms.
5. Inspect Through the Eye of a Buyer Walk from the street and through every room, viewing your property through the eyes of a buyer. Make it easy for them to feel welcome and comfortable. Perhaps even ask a family member of friend to do a mock inspection for you and provide feedback.
Would you like help to get the highest possible price?
Kardinia Property are your local real estate experts who can help you prepare your property for sale. Please call Jackson 0418 991 988 or drop by our office at 1/316 Pakington Street, Newtown, Geelong.